I’m going to take a break from my series on the data cloud and interrupt with a request for my readership. I’m putting together a presentation proposal for the Maemo Summit 2009, titled “From corporations to communities: responsible and effective engagement” and could use some opinions and experience. If you have anything to offer on the items below, feel free to comment!
- What could corporations do better when engaging user and developer communities?
- What incentives drive developers to work for free (i.e., Linux)?
- What are some examples of successful corporation-community engagement? What made them work?
- How can the challenges of working with virtual communities be overcome? Any examples?
- Are corporations responsible for success of the communities supporting them, vice versa, both ways, or neither?
- How do we strike a balance between corporate commercial interest and community free enterprise?
I already have some good material but I really want to hear from the crowd. If I use your RFC contribution you will be credited!